The SydPath Cytogenetics/FISH Laboratory offers a comprehensive service for the karyotyping and fluorescence in situ hybridisation (FISH) testing of specimens for the diagnosis and follow-up of patients with haematological and solid tumour malignancies.
The laboratory is the only NATA-accredited laboratory in NSW to offer a solely cancer-focused service.
The service encompasses the:
• karyotypic analysis of bone marrow, trephine and unstimulated peripheral blood specimens for the diagnosis of myeloid malignancies and lymphoproliferative disorders.
• karyotypic analysis of lymph node and solid tumour biopsies for the diagnosis of lymphomas and solid tumours.
• Quantitative PCR analysis of blood specimens for transcript detection in p210 transcript positive chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML) at diagnosis and follow-up. Results are available within 24 hours of specimen receipt.
• FISH analysis of cytogenetic fixed cell suspensions, prepared from bone marrow, trephine and unstimulated peripheral blood specimens for the detection of a comprehensive range of genetic rearrangements diagnostic for a wide range of myeloid malignancies and lymphoproliferative disorders. Urgent overnight testing can be arranged.
• FISH analysis of CD138-selected cells from bone marrow specimens for prognostication in multiple myeloma (MM).
– FISH analysis of oligo/IL2-stimulated culture preparations for prognostication in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL).
• FISH analysis for XX/XY chimerism post sex-mismatched allogeneic transplantation.
• FISH analysis of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue and lymph node/solid tumour touch imprints for the detection and prognostication of a comprehensive range of genetic rearrangements in lymphomas/solid tumours.
• Consultation regarding appropriate specimen collection, probe selection and result interpretation for these karyotypic/FISH analys
To contact our department
phone (02) 8382 9153
Fax (02) 8382 2493
To view our Pathologists please click here
To download our Request forms please click here
To download our latest brochures please click here