SydPath’s Anatomical Pathology service is part of the Department of Tissue Pathology and Cancer Genetics. Our pathologists provide subspeciality expertise across the full range of adult histopathology testing, and are actively involved in teaching and research.
- Routine histology processing and reporting of formalin fixed tissues (operative specimens, skin biopsies, endoscopic biopsies and needle core biopsies)
- Immediate Frozen Section service with intraoperative consultation
- Comprehensive Immunohistochemistry service with over 200 specific antibody assays run on Ventana automated platforms, including biomarker testing for HER2, BRAF, ALK and mismatch repair enzymes
- Skin Immunofluoresence service
- Full Renal Biopsy service including electron microscopy and immunofluoresence
- Electron Microscopy Unit providing diagnostic assessment of renal biopsies and opportunistic pathogens.
- Autopsy service for non-coronial post-mortems
- Paraffin In situ Hybridization Service [including National HER2 Reference Laboratory] providing SISH and FISH testing in a variety of tumours (to view our Molecular and Advanced Pathology page please click here)
Our services are available to researchers as well as for routine diagnostic testing, including sendaway referrals from other Pathology providers.
To view details of our Cytopathology Service please click here
To contact the Tissue Pathology Department (including bookings of frozen sections) phone (02) 8382 9217
To view our pathologists please click here
To request a second opinion from a SydPath pathologist download the second opinion request form here